Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Confessions of an India Team Member: Randy Haycock

Why am I going to India?

About 3 years ago God put it on my heart to go to India to help His people. At that time GCC was going mainly to encourage and give credibility to church planters. That not being one of my strong traits, I have looked for the opportunity I knew God would bring where He could use the gifts he has given me. He has given me a heart to help and comfort hurting and deprived people and a talent for building and restoration.

Through the partnership of Granger Community Church, the Bible League, World Relief and Habitat for Humanity God has made it possible for me to go to India and use the gifts He has given me. It is truly a gift from God to see the Light of Jesus begin to shine in a community that is distressed, skeptical and non-believing. When we first arrive there are some smiles and a little joy, but when we have been there for a week the love of Jesus has everyone smiling, happy and looking forward to another day.

I am going to watch God tear down the strongholds of depression, shame, disbelief and arrogance while He replaces them with joy, confidence, faith and Love.


Randy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home