Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Confessions of an India Team Member: Skip Dodge

I am going to India for several purposes but above all it is to serve God, the Father who has given me the opportunity to live and serve Him.

Going to India opens a real world of emotions, but yet a grateful attitude in me. I began life in India about twenty years ago and now to be going back for the first time as a "Christ-Follower" reminds me of everything the Lord has given to me in life, who I am, and all the choices I have made to bring me to this day and this India trip. While on the Missions trip it will be my 10th year anniversary when I chose to become a Christ-Follower.

I am going to India to build houses for those who have no homes or whose homes were destroyed by the Tsunami. But I am not just going to build houses. I am going because I want to be challenged in all ways (even with the food) and looking forward to the work the Lord will do in my heart and how the Lord will use me.

I also get the opportunity to learn how to build houses in India and then to bring back the knowledge I gain to help prepare the team that is going in Oct./Nov of 2006. In the midst of it all, I will get the opportunity to make new friends as well as further the friendships I already have with those who are going.

- Skip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home