Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Confessions of an India Team Member: Chad Anderson



Why am I going to India? Actually, for me the real question is “why would I not go to India on a missions trip?!”

For the past four years, Granger Community Church has done a phenomenal job investing in the country of India by partnering with the Bible League and planting over 350 local purpose driven churches. I believe in Granger Community Church’s vision and what it is accomplishing to advance God’s Kingdom on a local, regional, and global level. I want to be a part of that!

We have a strong team. In Oct. 2004, a good part of this team was in Veracruz, Mexico and then again in June of 2005 in Benton Harbor, MI for the Habitat for Humanity – JCWP’s. I know their hearts! We share the same passion for helping hurting people. These are true friends and are my “other family”. I love hanging out with them and doing life together while serving in various local ministries and worshipping at GCC together.

We have a superb leadership team. Jack Magruder, Randy Haycock, and Dan Blacketor are heading up this deep recon India trip in March. These are great men of God, solid leaders and it will be a privilege and honor to have the opportunity to serve under their leadership!

People matter to God. That’s why I’m going to southern India. People are starving to find meaning and purpose in life. God did a wonderful thing in my own life, giving me just that. I want others to experience that same amazing and unconditional love and personal relationship with Jesus Christ. One of my “shapes” is feeling empathy, being an encourager, giving hope and help to broken people in whatever circumstance they’re facing. I feel strongly that making this two part trip to southern India is my next step towards Christ.

Growing up in France as an MK, I was in constant contact with a mix of people from other countries and cultures. Unfortunately, currently living in Indiana, I don’t get that kind of interaction. I miss it. Let me rephrase that - I crave it! There’s something very special and magical about connecting and building friendships with people from other cultures. Spending time in India will be a fantastic opportunity to do just that again! Are we their yet?!

Chad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home