Thursday, March 23, 2006

My Life As a Prairie Dog!

I don’t know if you’ve ever tried to dig a hole that is 4’ wide and 4’ deep, but it’s a lot harder than it looks. One of the main reasons, interestingly enough, is that unless you have a 48” vertical leap, it’s very difficult to get out of one once it is dug. I jumped in to spell a dig team worker for a few minutes and was amazed at how my entire perspective on life changed. “This must be what a Prairie Dog feels like on a regular basis!” Terry and Kevin were in nearby holes as well, shoveling away until I could only see their heads and the tops of their shoulders, and there was something almost womb-like about the cool, dark sand. The down side was that I had to perform a maneuver similar to a beached whale to get out of the hole, flopping myself ungracefully full first and then “walrussing” myself forward until I could get a hold and stand up. “Nice Job, Shamoo!” was the humorous comment from one team member. I was afraid I had to agree… too bad there wasn’t even a Herring from the kind hand of a trainer for my trouble. Alas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home