Thursday, April 20, 2006

Reflection: Skip Dodge

The March 2006 India Construction Mission trip to the Village of Anumanthai Kappam, India (just north of Pondicherry) challenged me in all ways. I will never be the same again as there are new challenges ahead of me now. The love that has developed for the people of India has consumed my mind since I have returned and I wish I could do so much more for the people of India.

I have learned so much during the Mission Trip to India, but most importantly I learned that Love is the same in any culture, language, or country. To be in India to build houses for the handicapped who had lost their houses from the Tsunami was so awesome. The love and passion that has built up in my heart for the people of India will forever be with me.

I was challenged as I met one of the house owners who had polio in his right foot. He was up walking around and I thought about how he was so happy despite his condition. He kept us company as we dug holes the first day and through out the week he would come by to say hi. Seeing him made all my tiredness seem like nothing.





I learned to communicate with Indian people with and w
ithout a translator. It’s amazing what just a smile and actions can mean when you can’t speak to one another. I also got the opportunity get to know my team mates better even ones I didn’t know at all before going.


I learned the true meaning of team through-out the whole week, but especially while we were in Paris. Everyone stuck by my side during the moments of getting through the Paris Security. I was scared, but at the same time felt a sense of peace. It’s in the times of testing when you truly find out who is there for you and this team was there for me. We had a great leader, Jack Magruder who was in charge of the trip.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 celebrated my 10th year from becoming a Christ-Follower. It was so awesome to be able to share my testimony in the Church Planter’s Churches, India, the country I started out in. So many emotions flooded my mind as the day and trip went on. Again I felt so unworthy of the life Christ had called me to in America, but how I had recommitted myself to do whatever it is that Christ has called me to do.

What changed me the most was meeting Murali. Murali was a carefree little 8 year old boy whose smile and character melted my heart. When I think about Murali, I am always reminded that the Lord calls us to be child-like and not to worry about what will happen, but to serve Him unconditionally. Murali’s smile and character will be with me forever and I gave Murali my bandana as a part of me in hopes that he will realize that I came in the name of Jesus to help him and others of India.

2 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger GCC March 2006 India Team said...

Thanks for sharing. Your faith is inspiring to watch and your growth as a Christ follower is so exciting to see. Maybe we should fly thru Frankfurth instead of Paris... who on the team is fluent in German?

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger GCC March 2006 India Team said...

db

 

Post a Comment

<< Home